More bursaries will be added over the period of the next few months but here are the ones we are currently offering:
2 x £1000/year – Bursaries for British Muslim Girls from Underprivileged Backgrounds
Having 2 brothers and being the only daughter in my house I remember the struggles as a girl, not only to fight my way through education (I had support from my mum!) but also financially things were always tight at home. Finding scholarships or bursaries was not easy but some of the help I got then I am really grateful for today as without it I would not have got through university. So after having spent days talking to our Founding Executive Director and HR manager, we decided we would be awarding £1000 every year to help two lucky students towards their university costs.
Applications are invited from Muslim women for a Hidden Pearls bursary to support their second year of undergraduate study. The following eligibility requirements must be fulfilled:
- You must be pursuing an undergraduate degree at a UK university
- You must be in the second year and must be at least assessed to get a 2:1 (proof required)
- You must be attending a university (cannot be online degrees)
- You must be doing a full-time course
- All students applying for the bursary must have a household income of £16,000 or less and need to show this.
- If awarded, the funds will be transferred straight to student’s bank account.
- One letter of recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and how do you know them?
- What skills/abilities does the applicant have that will help her support her in completing the degree?
- Are there are any special circumstances we should consider when assessing this application?
Note: Not all applicants will receive a bursary. The scoring will be done based on:
- Personal Statement from Application Form
- Merit (Judged by Grade in the First Year)
- Financial Need
This Bursary is a yearly award and must be re-applied for each year to be considered for another bursary. Bursary winners will be announced 15th August every year on this page. Winners will also be notified via their email entered on the bursary form. So please make sure you whitelist our email address bursaries[Replace with @]hidden-pearls.co.uk. In case of a winner not responding within 10 working days, we will announce a new winner to take that place.
30th June every year. Any applications submitted after 30th June will be considered but for the next year.
How to Apply?
To apply for this bursary, you will have to download Hidden Pearls Bursary Form. Once you have filled in the form, email it to us at bursaries[Replace with @]hidden-pearls.co.uk along with supporting documentation.
If you have any questions, suggestions or just general feedback about our bursaries, please don’t hesitate to contact us at bursaries[Replace with @]hidden-pearls.co.uk. We usually aim to respond within 1-3 working days to each and every query. You can also use our live chat option but they may not be able to assist immediately with bursary related questions. However, you can use that option to leave your details if you wish us to contact you.
About Hidden Pearls
Our team at Hidden Pearls are on a mission to provide the finest quality modest clothing including but not limited to affordable but trendy Hijabs, Abayas, Islamic & Eid Gifts to Muslimahs around the World at affordable price(s). Our aim is to create the standard against which all Muslim lifestyle brands are measured with the help of our outstanding customer service, free returns policy and by providing Muslimahs with style and modesty for today, tomorrow and forever!